Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wanted to show a cool power point presentation but...

I got a very cool power point presentation on 9/11. I found out how to upload it through scribd.com but then realized it would be to share on the website. I did not create the presentation so thus I felt that I should not upload. There were pics I had never seen before. It was powerful. We tend to forget things and it was a good reminder. As I was going through the pics my son came over and asked what the pics were showing. I told him that they were of 9/11. "Have you heard of that?" I asked. He said "yes but that was in first grade, we did not talk about it this year." I was amazed! I cannot believe the school did not take a minute to acknowlege the day. I do not know if I should approach anyone at the school or let it be. Maybe my son forgot they talked about it. Who knows? So, I just talked to him alittle about it and felt better. He was a just one year old when 9/11 happened. We were in the car together going to my real estate meeting. The meeting was called off early when we all realized what was really happening. We left and watched the news with some friends and saw the second tower fall. Of course he does not remember any of this but I know he was there and I remember...

1 comment:

  1. Agree! But...Alyse came home and told me about planes flying into buildings and people dying and wondered if it could happen again.

    My first thought was, Why was she told about this?!

    Your blog reminds me of why.

    ReplyDelete